Adelphi University is set on a beautiful, sprawling campus in Garden City, New York, just 40 minutes from New York City. We combine challenging academic programs with hands-on internship experience to set you up for career success.
Adelphi University is a nationally ranked research university, offering exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in its “Core Four”: Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, Business and Education and Health and Wellness.
- #170 Best National Universities — U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- #72 Best Value School—U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- Top 20% Safest College Campuses – Niche.com, 2019
- 58 countries represented on campus
- 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 115,000+ alumni worldwide
- Alumni work at Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Google and New York Stock Exchange
- 240+ major companies including IBM and Merrill Lynch recruit on campus
- United Nations connections
Get Involved & Get Outdoors
- 80+ student clubs, organizations, and recreational sports
- 23 Division II sports teams including soccer, tennis and volleyball
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities and student center
- 20 minutes to Jones Beach for swimming, nature walks and concerts
Garden City: Small Campus Experience, Big City Access
At Adelphi, you get the best of both worlds: a true university experience, just minutes from the cultural and financial capital of the world.
Weather & Climate
Located in the northeastern United States, New York enjoys all four seasons. In the fall and spring, you can expect moderate temperatures, while summers are warm and winters see snow.
Nearby New York City
With New York City just a short train ride away, you can visit some of the most iconic sites in the U.S.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty, go to the top of the Empire State Building, stroll Central Park or walk down Wall Street.
- Explore the Guggenheim, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and thousands more art museums and galleries.
- Take in a Broadway show in Times Square or an opera at the Met.
- Home to UPS, Coca-Cola, Delta Airlines, Aflac and CNN
- Attend a baseball game at the world-famous Yankee Stadium.
- Access to 3 major international airports - JFK International, LaGuardia and Newark
As an international student enrolling at a select U.S. News Global Education school, you will have access to exclusive programs and services.
To make your transition as easy as possible, our enrollment counselors set you up for success with:
- Streamlined application process
- Assigned counselor
- Major/field of study guidance
- Visa interview help
- Prep webinars & checklists
- Help with required forms
- Airport welcome
- Student & parent orientation
- Cultural group outings
- Classes for your academic level
- English-language & ESL help
- Tutoring support
- Career Accelerator Program
- Internship assistance
- Job search help
Art and design education*
Languages, literature and cultures
Latin American studies
Mathematics and computer science
• Computer and management information systems
• Computer science
• Design technology*
*These degree programs have additional portfolio or audition requirements for admission into the program.
Scholar Teacher Education Program (STEP)
• Adolescent education
• Childhood education
• TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Dentistry* (New York University College of Dentistry)
Engineering** (Columbia University)
Environmental Studies** (Columbia University)
Law* (Albany Law School)
Medicine* (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine)
Optometry* (SUNY College of Optometry)
Physical Therapy** (New York Institute of Technology/ New York Medical College)
Podiatry* (New York College of Podiatric Medicine)
Veterinary Medicine** (Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine)
*Degree programs available to standard applicants only.
**Students may apply to these degree programs during their studies at Adelphi.
This prestigious program provides you with a personalized liberal arts education within a close-knit community of students and scholars. The Honors College supplements your major with a heavy emphasis on reading and writing through the study of the arts, music and history.
Want to enhance your area of study? Join this prestigious program’s active learning community. You’ll learn more about your major in a global context and have access to leadership opportunities involved in causes that make the world a better place.
Dates & Costs
|TOEFL® minimum||80+, no sub-score below 16||68, no sub-score below 14||60, no sub-score below 12||30+|
|IELTS™ minimum||6.5+, no sub-score below 6.0||5.5, no sub-score below 5.0||5.0, no sub-score below 4.5||3.5+|
|ITEP minimum||4.5||3.5 no sub-score below 3.0||3.0 no sub-score below 2.5||2.5-2.9|
Note: All students will take an English language assessment test during their orientation. This test is the primary means for final placement and could vary from the preliminary placement identified on your offer letter. As a result, the length of study may be longer than originally anticipated and involve additional costs including tuition and other fees.
Applied Mathematics and Statistics (M.S.)
Computer Science (M.S.)
Creative Writing (M.F.A.)
Environmental Studies (M.S.)
*Not available for Pre-Sessional Students
Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
Healthcare Informatics (M.S.)
General Psychology (M.A.)
School Psychology (M.A.) *
Mental Health Counseling (M.A.) *
* Students may apply as direct entry or through the General Psychology accelerator. Admission to the program isn’t guaranteed.
Master of Business Administration in Management (M.B.A.)
Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (M.S.)
Childhood Special Education Studies (M.S.) (Non-Certification)***
Education Technology (M.A.) (Non-Certification)***
Exercise Science (M.S.)
Sport Management (M.S.)
Community Health Promotion (M.A.)
Educational Theatre, Storytelling, and the Arts (Non-Certification) (M.A.)
Physical Education* (M.A.)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (M.A.) (Non-Certification)***
* Joint degree with College of Arts and Sciences
** Not available for Pre-Sessional students
*** These degrees are available only as a non-certification track. Students will not receive a New York State certification upon completion.
Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
Dates & Costs
|Direct Master’s Accelerator Program
|Advanced Master’s Accelerator Program
|Master’s Accelerator Program
|GPA minimum||3.0–3.5 (varies by degree)||3.0||2.5|
|TOEFL® minimum||80 (no part score below 18)||74 (no part score below 16)||68 (no part score below 14)|
|IELTS™ minimum||6.5 (no part score below 6.0)||6.0 (no part score below 5.5)||5.5 (no part score below 5.0)|
|Progression Requirments||Standard progression||3.25 with no course grade lower than B||3.25 with no course grade lower than B|
*GPA requirements for Direct MAP students vary depending on the degree program and additional admission requirements.
**GMAT score requirements are applicable to Direct MAP students in the M.B.A. or Supply Chain Management programs. GMAT score requirements are dependent on a student’s GPA.
***GPA and English requirements for MAP students differ for TESOL.