Located in Dayton, Ohio, the University of Dayton is a top-tier research university dedicated to academic excellence, community leadership, entrepreneurship and creating a positive global impact.
Choose from 80+ undergraduate and 50+ graduate degrees at UD. Our popular and highly ranked programs include engineering, entrepreneurship, business and aerospace & aviation engineering.
- #45 Best Value School —U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- #157 Business Program —U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- #118 Best Undergraduate Engineering Program —U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- Top 20 Entrepreneurship Program —The Princeton Review, 2018
- Top 50 “Colleges That Create Futures” —The Princeton Review, 2017
- #84 Best Value in Private Colleges —Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- 440+ major companies recruit at Dayton.
- GE Aviation operates a $51 million research center.
- The Helix state-of-the-art innovation center for climate technology development
- Part of the Federal Aviation Administration Center of Excellence for Air Transportation
Get Involved, Stay Active
- Join 270+ student clubs, including 50+ focused on community service.
- Cheer on NCAA Division I UD Flyers sports teams.
Dayton: The Birthplace of Flight
Dayton, Ohio, in the American Midwest, is known for its rich history of innovation, as well as its connections to aviation, thanks to the Wright Brothers. Often called the Gem City, Dayton is also home to industrial, aeronautical and engineering research centers.
- #69 Best Place to Live —U.S. News & World Report, 2019
- Explore Wright Brothers National Museum, National Museum of the Air Force and America’s Packard Museum.
- Visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and Dayton Art Institute.
- Explore the 2nd Street Market and Carriage Hill MetroPark.
- #39 Best College Food in America —Niche.com
Weather & Climate
In the heart of the American Midwest, Dayton features hot summers and cold, snowy winters, with a moderate spring and fall.
Columbus, the state capital of Ohio, is about 70 miles away. As one of the fastest-growing cities in the U.S., this bustling mid-size metro is an emerging hub for technology and innovation, with a diverse economy based on education, financial services, healthcare research and hospitality.
- Visit the Columbus Museum of Art and the Wexner Center for the Arts.
- Explore the Center of Science and Industry and its planetarium.
- Walk along the Scioto Mile, a string of parks with trails and an interactive fountain.
- Discover more than 400 plant species at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
As an international student enrolling at a select U.S. News Global Education school, you will have access to exclusive programs and services.
To make your transition as easy as possible, our enrollment counselors set you up for success with:
- Streamlined application process
- Assigned counselor
- Major/field of study guidance
- Visa interview help
- Prep webinars & checklists
- Help with required forms
- Airport welcome
- Student & parent orientation
- Cultural group outings
- Classes for your academic level
- English-language & ESL help
- Tutoring support
- Career Accelerator Program
- Internship assistance
- Job search help
Applied Mathematical Economics
Computer Information Systems
Criminal Justice Studies
Human Rights Studies
Theatre, Dance & Performance
Women’s & Gender Studies
Operations & Supply
Adolescence to Young Adult Education
Discover Teacher Education
Early Childhood Education
Foreign Language Education
Intervention Specialist (Middle Childhood Education)
Intervention Specialist (Special Education)
Secondary Catholic Religious Education
Health & Sport Science
Electronic & Computer Engineering Technology
Discover Engineering Technology
Global Manufacturing Systems Engineering Technology
Industrial Engineering Technology
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Master of Business Administration
Master of Finance
Renewable and Clean Energy
Leadership for Educational Systems
Transdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
Master of Laws